Daily Journal, Libertarianism

Madcap policy shift

I love Denver… ites? Maybe I should just go with Denizens dwelling in Denver. That way we get to alliterate early on. And alliteration is sexy as F… ungus.

amanita-muscaria-249787

So not only do these brave souls live closer to the sun than your average continental resident but this premier rogue municipality has also decriminalized mushrooms. Once more into the breach my friends. *Joey climbs onto his desk* Jesus, my back. Denver, not only do I risk my life, but I also salute you!

I suppose I should add that you probably stick with Psilocybe cubensis and not just indiscriminately start grazing on any hallucinogenic spore you come across. Even if the Fly Agaric (picutred), a firm favorite of nixies, pixies and all manner of woodland sprites and gigantic purple caterpillars, will likely get you dangerously baked and seeing rents in the fabric of time and space. Or kill you, depending on quantity ingested and your genetic disposition towards poison (personally, I have quite a low tolerance).

Its a brave new world.

Okay, that’s probably not true. But certainly progress of a kind.

Yay freedom!

11 Comments

1. Michelle Louring

May 10, 2019 at 11:59 am

Your knowledge of hallucinogenic mushrooms suddenly explain a lot about the general nature of your blog posts…

1. Jo

May 10, 2019 at 12:14 pm

I’m going to go ahead and take that as a complement. Ha ha.

1. Michelle Louring

May 10, 2019 at 12:53 pm

Hey, I’m still here, ain’t I? 😉
        Even if I don’t have any idea what you’re going on about half the time.

2. Jo

May 10, 2019 at 12:57 pm

Ha ha. True. But maybe my blog is like a car accident… and you just can’t look away…

2. jim-

May 10, 2019 at 12:22 pm

I am of the mindset that nothing g that grows naturally should be criminal or taxable. That was well written and funly read Jogodark

1. Jo

May 10, 2019 at 12:41 pm

Thanks Atheistjimbo. You know me I really don’t like it when organisations try to extort a certain type of behaviour through threat (of jail or damnation). Victimless crimes especially get me all riled up and bothered.

3. tara caribou

May 11, 2019 at 7:48 am

The studies done on the use of natural substances are really quite interesting indeed. Strangely enough, I was always more a fan of LSD than ‘shrooms, back in the day. Huh. But anyway, yeah, I’m all for decriminalization. We’ve much bigger fish to fry, seriously.

1. Jo

May 11, 2019 at 8:40 am

Definitely, in terms of scarce resource allocation, definitely bigger fish to fry.

4. Anthony Garner

May 11, 2019 at 10:18 am

Man was born free and everywhere he is in chains.

1. Jo

May 11, 2019 at 12:07 pm

Rousseau! Nice. I really like the name of your blog. There are some great German words. That is definitely one of them!