A bridge too far
Donald Trump and Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez are hanging off a bridge by their fingertips. Which one would you save?
I’m going to avoid trite and glib answers. As you might imagine I don’t really like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Nor Donald Trump. Neither of them though look like they have the upper body strength to haul themselves back over the side of the bridge though. And I assume if you save the one the other would fall, in the classic sense of this trolley-esque conundrum where you have to make these sort of life and death decisions. No, I’m not going to get a sandwich, I’m not a psychopath. Even if I am a little peckish. Just to be clear… what kinda sandwich is it?
After a brief moment of consideration I’m going to have to try and save Alexandria. I am more confident in my ability to haul her carcass back over the side and onto the asphalt. Sorry DT, but your girth has doomed you to… I was going to say terminal velocity… but I suppose the bridge would have to be pretty darn high for someone reach that before coming to an abrupt stop.
I mean if I think about it. There are some things me and AOC would likely agree on.
- Immigration is broadly a good thing. (although we would likely quibble on the mechanics of allowing people to meander wherever they desire)
- The Department of Homeland Security is a grim and somewhat superfluous entity that should be disbanded.
- The War on Drugs has been a complete and utter failure.
- Mushrooms and psychedelics should be decriminalized.
- The police are NOT supposed to look and act like the military.
- Government should give not be giving tax credits to corporations. If you can’t make your business work without a handout… you probably shouldn’t be doing it.
I suppose there are some things me and DT would also agree on. (and some things I that I don’t actually mind giving him props for)
- Obama was a fiscal lunatic who doubled the US debt from 10 trillion to 20 trillion. (admittedly you’re not doing a great job on this either guy)
- Medicare etc (although I would add social security in its current form) is not sustainable and may eventually lead to the collapse of the free world.
destroyed… severely crippled ISIS.
- Hasn’t gone to war with Iran… eh… yet.
- China is going to be very scary (although fighting this opening battle with tariffs is, imo is the incorrect tactic)
- Tax cuts are good. (Unless you borrow money to make up the shortfall)
Damn. This actually makes it looks like I agree more with Alexandria. To be fair I wouldn’t let AOC near the cash box for a (licensed) lemonade stand never-mind the coffers of the Federation.
Also, I should probably add that I expect adulation from the masses for this self-less act. I will obviously try and be modest about my roll in this… outcome. Just know… that on the inside… I am dancing.