Astronomy

Not to scale

Solar system

This makes our Solar System seem WAY more… eh… I want to say interesting, but our Solar System is relatively interesting… to us I mean, since it gave us life and all that. (Probably a mediocre system in a galactic sense) But this way of displaying it makes it seem cooler somehow.

You’d need a couple more Styrofoam balls for your school project diorama though.  Which is probably why they stick to the ‘main’ celestial bodies. Ex Pluto. Obviously. Still a sore spot for me. Although apparently the new Director of NASA disagrees and says it should be a planet. I wish you good luck in your battle against the Pluto-denialists.

Saturn icon.png

While I’d like to be more than an a casual commentator on all things cosmological it is an area of for which I am cognitively unsuited. Still, what I lack in accuracy and understanding  I make up for with enthusiasm. Find more posts

HERE

8 Comments

1. tara caribou

August 28, 2019 at 6:06 am

I’m sorry but Pluto does not fit the proper description to be a planet. Plus, if you follow the dark past of Pluto (and Walt Disney’s role in it’s inception into “planet-hood”) you’ll see that it never should have been called one and …. its all a conspiracy! 😮duh-duh-duuuhhh (theatrical music)

1. Jo

August 28, 2019 at 6:12 am

*GASP*

I don’t know if we can be friends anymore!!!!!!!

(I’m going to have to think about it)

*points at eyes, points at Tara*

At the very least you’re on suspension AK!

1. tara caribou

August 28, 2019 at 6:17 am

No. Remember Twilight Imperium? Remember the big knife I carry? Remember the Libertarian good times? I’m sure you can come to see the truth instead of clinging to your idealistic (brainwashed) youth 😉 Rise to freedom, my friend! Rise and Fly!!

2. Jo

August 28, 2019 at 6:25 am

Damn *wipes tear away* dust…

Okay.

I forgive you. We can still be friends.

Lets just agree not to talk about it anymore. Ha ha.

3. tara caribou

August 28, 2019 at 7:16 am

For today…

4. Jo

August 28, 2019 at 7:22 am

True. I am like a leaf on the wind.

Tomorrow it might all be vitriol and anti-crunchy rhetoric.

😀

5. tara caribou

August 28, 2019 at 8:21 am

hhhmmm anti-crunchy, you say? hhmmm perhaps then we SHOULD set our friendship down… lol

6. Jo

August 28, 2019 at 8:28 am

Ha ha. I actually mostly like crunchies. Except for the anti-vaxx stuff… which I massively and completely disagree with. I’m fine with almost everything else, the homeschooling, environmentalism, zero waste…. eh… what else are crunchy’s into?