Go Darke

Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it

Libertarianism

Love is love…

Except when it wasn’t.

Is this like dredging up someones old tweets and shaming them?

I’d offer to boycott Coca-Cola for their sins. But… I already kinda do. Although not for any ideological reasons… well, I’m trying to stave off diabetes, that might (sorta) be some dogmatism on my part. Maybe more because paying for insulin would be an affront to my austerity.

To be fair paying for your insulin also grinds me.

Also why did God create diabetes? Punishing us for Dionysian excesses in this life AND the next life seems particularly mean spirited. #justsaying

7 Comments

1. jim-

November 5, 2019 at 1:20 pm

Simply don’t be prediabetic. Lose 10% of you body weight, walk three times a week and quit the junk food. 90% success rate, but you’ll probably be an unlucky 10%er. Ooh, sarcasm

1. Jo

November 5, 2019 at 1:35 pm

That sounds waaaaaaay too easy. I’m reporting you for spam!

1. jim-

November 5, 2019 at 1:42 pm

Take the pill. Then soon add another and another. That makes sense.

2. Jo

November 5, 2019 at 5:32 pm

This is the way of the modern man. Fix it with medication.

3. jim-

November 5, 2019 at 5:37 pm

Maybe just go straight for surgery and have your pancreas removed to get it over with. Needles are cheap and the kids love to watch you stick your belly fat three times a day. “What’s that noise”? Oh, it’s daddy’s insulin pump acting out again” it’s all part of the flow of life.

4. Jo

November 6, 2019 at 6:55 am

Really? You have to inject yourself three times a day? That makes its seem totally less… eh… well… it seems like a lot of work. Maybe you were right with your first comment… I’ll give you this one.

5. jim-

November 6, 2019 at 11:59 am

I’ll take it! Haha. I used to council diabetics in my prior life