Basset hound ownership
Someone sent this to my wife. It’s basically the most honest thing I’ve ever read…
How to prepare yourself for owning a Basset Hound…
- Get a concrete block, put a collar and lead on it and take it for a drag.
- Find a bag of sand and leave it in awkward places around your home (in hallways, in front of any drawer you want to open etc)
- Buy an air horn and set it off without warning at random times, day or night.
- Place a photo of a basset 18 inches off the ground in front of you while you watch tv.
- Get 2 hot water bottles, wrap them in a heavy blanket (with the concrete block) and then lay it over your lap.
- Go to the local hair dressers and get a bag of hair, take it home and chuck it round the house.
- Ask a friend who has dogs to give you some wet dog drying towels and then leave them in your house for about a week.
If you can survive all of this you are ready for Basset hound ownership